Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Baffling

I am perpetually baffled by the baby. All babies...last night Dillon slept from 6pm all the way through to 4:45am! At which time, she got a feeding and then I put her right back in her bed because I certainly was not going to let her get up at 5:15am. She went back to sleep until 7:15! Yippee! That was amazing. However, I'm sure it was just a fluke. I mean, I was sure she would wake up shortly after going down because she had not eaten a lot during the day and had missed some naps! Whatever happened to "sleep begets sleep"? Simply baffling.
And another thing - EVERY time Dillon cries her lungs out (for an hour) after we put her in her crib, the minute we pick her up, she is trying her DARNDEST to make eye contact with us so she can smile and coo. I mean, that used to be our gauge. "Well, if she is smiling, then she must be rested."
I'm not so sure that's the case anymore because she always completely misses her 3pm naps! But 3 month olds are supposed to have three naps a day! Babies need to sleep after being up for 2 hours MAX. WTF? This is so confusing.
I mean, she cries from 3pm to 4pm and then we can't take it anymore and we go in and pick her up and keep her up until bedtime. She goes down fine. Sometimes, she falls asleep before being able to eat her whole bottle of formula...and then I say, "Oh, well...because I can't get her to nap I guess I will just pay for it in nighttime feeding.." But, yesterday wasn't like that. She slept all the way through.
However, two days ago similar no napping situation. She goes down around 5:40pm, wakes up at 9pm to eat, then again at 4am to eat.
Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment