Friday, May 29, 2009

Interesting...to me, at least

Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child states, "Sleep begets sleep", so the better your child naps, the better he will sleep at night. But, of course, every child is different so you have to determine what is a good nap for just your child I guess.
For the first part of this week, we were trying to put Dillon down a little later - 7pm instead of 6pm b/c we thought maybe that would help her to sleep through the night better (less hours to get through). While, just before that decision, she was kind of sleeping through the night with one feeding but then waking up around 5:30 or 6am every day (which I am a big fan of, Greg, not so much). But with the 7pm bedtime, she was STILL getting up for two feedings! once at 11pm/12am and then again at 4am. I think she's just used to getting up and feeding at 4am. Weirdest thing.
So, I said, let's just put her back to the 6pm bedtime. I put her to bed last night at 6pm and she slept through the night with one feeding! Amazing. I don't know if that's a fluke or not, but we shall see...of course, I am so wired to listen for her grunts and sighs that I still don't sleep that well b/c I am subconsciously just waiting for her to wake up at 4am to feed. Aaargh!
I must say, I do sleep a bit better, but not the best. Great sleep probably won't come until she's about...oh 18 and off to college? haah!

No comments:

Post a Comment