Monday, June 8, 2009

Magic window part 2

Did I say Dillon's magic window is 3 hours? Scratch that. I think that's wrong...who knows what it is. I actually don't think there's any rhyme or reason to this girl. Of course, that might be might be my fault as well b/c a parent is supposed to establish some sort of schedule or routine that the baby can count on. Well, if you know me, you know I can't do anything the same twice. I can't ever even remember what I did the first time so that makes it very hard to establish any sort of pattern/routine, etc. Sigh.
What I AM good at though, is perplexing over my daughter's sleep habits...heheh.
Interestingly enough, I put her down around 7pm last night and she slept until 3:45am. Whaaat?! Weird. I fed her and then she slept until 7am. She might have slept for longer but Greg was anxious to see her before he left on a business trip.
Yup! It's just Dillon and mommy for the next three days..hmm..could be a lot of crying going on again. Has anyone noticed my parenting style now? It's a lot of crying. Good thing Dillon never remembers it when she wakes up or even just as she is being picked up. Smiles all around for everyone! :o)
There was an episode on House once. Where the patient (played by Mos Def) was rendered speechless and motionless. He heard everything that was going on around him and could feel whatever was happening to him, but could not vocalize what he was feeling! Oh, it was torturous. It was as if you were looking through a glass window and could see things happening that you could not prevent no matter how loud you screamed. As I was lying awake in bed one night, I was thinking, "That must be what babies feel like. They know what they want, yet they can't vocalize it." Imagine little Dillon sitting in her chair. She is yelling because she is hungry and all she gets is her mother and father staring at her smiling and making silly faces and grinning at her. And, she's thinking, "Stop making those stupid faces! I'm hungry! I'm hungry! Someone feed me!" And after about 10 minutes of the shenanigans, we finally grab a bottle and feed her. And, she's thinking, "Finally...idiots." Hahahah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment