Thursday, March 12, 2009

New name

Yeah...I just changed my profile name. Yeah, I was "Tellin It Like It Is", but let's be honest here...I'm tellin it like a begrudged mother, really. Most moms love being a mom and relish every moment with their newborn. I'm not gonna lie...right now I am a begrudging mother. I love my daughter. Oh, for sure! She is adorable and does the funniest things and her facial expressions just make me laugh out loud. But mommyhood...not so much for me right now as she is just a blob. The thing is, there is nothing more disheartening than having a wailing baby in your arms, knowing she is looking to you to comfort her and not knowing what you can do to ease her discomfort! Yes, I am begrudged right now, but that doesn't prevent me from enjoying Dillon. She is a riot...

1 comment:

  1. Bel, no "normal" mom relishes every moment with their newborn. All newborns cry and continue to cry for no reason...if some mom "loves" listening to their kid wail for no apparent reason & can't be consoled...well, that's some whacked out person in my book! I couldn't stand hearing TL cry (still can't - why he's still sleeping in our bed & I carry him around ALL the time)...I was just telling my friend I don't know if TL has ever really cried more than 4 minutes while under my watch cuz I can't stand it...I always have to pick him up & hold him...or else if he is throwing a fit, I ignore him or lose my cookies & yell at him & well, I'm not proud of that, but I'm human and I tell him I'm sorry & he does understand that he pushed Mama past her breaking point.

    Anyway, my point is - don't be so hard on yourself! You can change your profile name back to "tellin' it like it is" cuz you really are, in my humble opinion!

    ReplyDelete