Mommy survival that is.
1. Never wake a sleeping baby (to change her diapers). Just let her stew in it.
2. If she wakes up crying and rooting and has a dirty diaper, FEED HER first.
3. When lulling to sleep, please keep moving at all times and shush until you are ready to pass out.
4. Always change her diaper before leaving the house.
5. And be prepared to change her diaper right when you leave the house if she is in her stroller as she will have peed again just as you walk out the door. And, start wailing just as you step off the porch.
6. If she is very tired and a bit cranky, best to pass off to dad to lull to sleep. Otherwise, sleeping will take twice as long.
7. When sleeping on the body do not try to lie down. Just sit up because lying down is not comfortable for baby.
8. When feeding make sure you maintain eye contact. Looking away and ignoring baby just irritates her.
9. Do not put a sleeping baby down in less than 20 minutes time and only carefully on the boppy. The pack n' play bassinet is too big for her liking.
10. When riding in the stroller, do not stop. Keep moving or daddy can take the car seat out and swing her while the stroller is stopped.