Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I'm a terrible mommy

I seriously am...I yelled at Dillon today. :o(
I mean, NO ONE should ever scream at a 1 year old child. Well, no one should really be screaming at anyone really, but alas, I am only human and I do scream at adults sometimes and don't apologize.
But I am terrible because D was sitting in her bumbo on the counter and she dropped her sippy cup AGAIN and it landed on my toe and it HURT so I guess I blew a fuse. Shame on me. I yelled, "Ow!! Don't drop your bottle!!" And then I looked at her and she looked at me with this really confused expression - a) because she has never been screamed at before and b) because she didn't have a clue what I was saying. But then I regained my composure and I gave her smiles and kisses. Good thing they have short memories...don't they? I feel awful. Shame on me.
See, this is why I am only suited to be a mother (maybe) to a child who is 4 years old or older. Someone who understands when she does something wrong (of course, in this case, D didn't do anything wrong) but let's say, someone who has the dexterity to hold a darn bottle and not drop it!!! Is that asking too much? Yes...I did this all wrong. I should've just stuck to my original plan of getting divorced and then marrying an older man who already had kids. Insta-fam! Who doesn't love the insta-fam?? Oh well...too late. Better just learn how to chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment