Saturday, March 20, 2010

Bananas

Ooh, we traveled to Boston this weekend to visit our friends E and C and their 2 year old son, Aidan. Usually, she has always been a great traveler but not this time. She was tired but could not get to sleep so was crying and fussing. Awww...G finally got her to sleep. Phew.
Anyhow, it was a verrrry long day and add on top, when we got to their house, D was in heaven. They have all the cool toys. She just could not get enough and loved to playing with A.
Needless to say, she was super overstimulated and when it was time to go to bed, we tried to go through the normal bed routine (which, I might add, she's not really into yet...) yeah, bad idea. Too many people, too many toys, new environment.
Oh, she went bananas. I mean B-A-N-A-N-A-S and not in a good way. Like, hysterical. I finally had to get more milk in a bottle and feed her some more in the dark by the crib to calm her. She finally fell asleep.
Tonight, I threw brushing her teeth right out the window. Wind down was with me only (usually G and I read to her together as she drinks her milk), in the room. After I read her a quick book, I turned out the light and let her finish her bottle and rocked her to sleep. Success. Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment