Monday, July 6, 2009

Babies and milestones

I'm beginning to think that all babies are the same and really not too much work needs to be done to get them to reach their milestones? Dillon recently has been fighting out of her swaddle, but now she knows how to turn over onto her stomach, but can't turn back around. This is not alarming, though because she also knows how to position her head so she's not suffocating.
In any case, we'd like to just get rid of the swaddle since she gets out of it and then wakes herself up.
Ooh, this weekend was a bit challenging because we spent the holiday weekend at Greg's parents and his sister flew in Saturday night with her 3 year old and 1 1/2 year old. Eeks! So, while Dillon was getting out of her swaddle and turning around, I am trying to get her to not make a lot of noise in the middle of the night (like, 4am) and wake up the whole household. That equals me staying up from 4am - 5:30am rocking her, putting her down, picking her back up when she cries. Oh my...so tiring. I mean, what an inopportune weekend for her to be practicing her shenanigans. I was so glad to be going back home on Sunday.
In the car ride home I said to Greg, "We are unswaddling her and I am going balls out. I am not going to take steps as most people do with first swaddling with one arm out...then two..."
I just don't have the patience for that. She will learn to sleep unswaddled if she has to sit there and cry for her naps...
Well, guess what? She is going down for her naps just fine! Totally unswaddled! She was just ready for it.
And, I was equally impressed with Dillon this weekend as we were super busy with meeting up with Greg's friends and their babies and then with his entire family. All schedules were off and we just winged it. And she did great. She did not fuss or cry. She was totally happy to be in the mix, didn't matter what time it was. Though her bedtime is usually 7pm, she had a late nap one night and woke up around 6:50pm. She was crying and her eyes were closed as she is not used to actually waking up after going down for bedtime and yet, we just picked her up and took her out to G's aunt's house and she was fine. Didn't go to bed until around 9pm and never once fussed. Was all smiles in fact.
I am now really excited for LA and NY! Yeayy!

No comments:

Post a Comment