Monday, April 20, 2009

Crying it out again..

Yes, I had my third attempt at having her cry it out last night. She didn't budge. This girl will not go down without a fight. Ohh, it was 2 in the morning, she was not tired so any normal, unspoiled baby could've been put in her bassinet, sit around until she was tired and go to sleep. Not Dillon. She wants to be held until she falls asleep. Well, I'll be darned so I let her cry. Went downstairs, got an apple, sat and ate it while watching the clock. All the while hoping and praying that she would be too tired to get hysterical. But, no, not my girl. She cried, whimpered, cried and then got louder. I finally picked her up. I swear she's smart. I swear that after I traumatized her like that she was fighting against closing her eyes. Invisible toothpicks were holding her eyelids open. Needless to say, I got no sleep again. Oh, and she won. When she finally fell asleep, I held her in my arms and slept upright for the next hour. I was finally able to put her down around 5am...in her bassinet...only to be woken up at 6:15. Ho hum...until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment