Sunday, April 5, 2009

Bullcocky

Well, I just think it's bullcocky that you could have a perfectly well-behaved baby for its first few weeks of life and then at 6 weeks, apparently, for some babies it all goes for sh**. I don't know what it is, but I'm reading this book, Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child and every time the author talks about colicky or extra fussy babies he adds a caveat, well, look for these symptoms 'unless your child is 6 weeks of age'...then expect her to be fussy and all past good behaviors tend to get lost. That is so effed up.
So, Dillon is just coming up on her 7th week of life. Yikes, this past week has been quite trying to say the least. It takes her so long before she'll go down and she has her worst crying fits at night. That swing incident...just a weird fluke. Sure wish it'd happen again, but maybe later. So, we went and got the book as two of my girlfriends highly recommended it. It basically talks about how important sleep is for infants and how we can't let the baby dictate her nap times. Sleep begets sleep so if she naps well during the day then she's be likely to sleep longer and better at night. We'll see how this works out.
Last night I let Dillon sleep on me again. I didn't think she'd take to the bassinet since she'd been so fussy for the past couple of days so I didn't even try. Sometime in the early morning hours, she was laying across my chest with her head in the crook of my left elbow. I looked down at her and she happened to wake up a bit, opened her eyes and when she saw me looking at her, she lit up, smiled and then closed her eyes and went back to sleep! It was such a precious moment!! It was like she was thinking, "Oh hi mommy. Good you're here." and then went back to sleep. Loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment