Saturday, April 2, 2011

What am I? Dog meat?

Ya know...it's pretty surprising how many people think D gets all her great traits from her FATHER. What am I? Just the vehicle?
Ever since she was born - "Wow, she's got such big eyes! Just like her father."
Then there's a comment on the blog from her grandmother, "Oh, I see D has a great sense of humor. Just like her father." (Uhh, I think I have a pretty good sense of humor too..)
And this one is the best. We recently went to Vail, CO for a family ski trip with my mom and my sister's family. We all stayed in a condo with one other person (a new ski friend of my mom's whom we'd never met before). On the last day, as we were on the bus back to the airport, we are all chatting and this woman, Teri, is blabbing on about how cute D is, how fun, talkative and she says, "Ooh, and she has such a great, friendly personality. I can tell she gets that from you!" Do you think she was talking to me? No, she was talking to G!!
Do you think I let her get away with that?? NO WAY! Lady, you don't know me and I've had laryngitis the whole trip. How do you know whether I'm friendly or not??
Anyhoooo...okay. Fine. G is probably a lot friendlier than I. I'll give him that.
But, I have this to say - Snarkiness and wit gets a person pretty far in life too and if D gets that from me, then I'll take it!

1 comment:

  1. oh Bel, I'm sure D gets LOTS of great traits from you! Although I must say, G is quite the charmer. I've only met him twice or so & he's my bud. ;-D

    ReplyDelete