Friday, April 2, 2010

Carrot gratin

I am trying to get more creative again with D's food. Have been scouring the internet for a good carrot gratin recipe. No such thing. But I did find a root vegetable gratin and then I just made up a little recipe.
I shredded a carrot and then boiled it. Then stir fried some chopped onion in butter, added some thyme. When that was done, I mixed some flour in milk and then poured that into the pan with the onion...no reason just cuz (the heat was already turned off on the pan).
Then I took a little ramekin, buttered the sides, put a layer of carrots in, then poured some of the milk mixture, added cheese. Added another layer of carrots, covered with shredded cheese and breadcrumbs and stuck it in the toaster oven at 325 for about 35 minutes.
I don't know if she liked it...G fed her tonight. But I will taste it tomorrow when I feed it to her for lunch again. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment