Wednesday, November 23, 2011

When they can talk

I was REALLLLY PISSED at D this morning. Her cousins are in town (2.5 yrs and 5 yrs) and they are sleeping in her room so she is in her travel crib in our room. She woke up at 3:30am to go to the bathroom...and then I think since her father kept snoring and that is an unfamiliar sound to her at night, I'm not really sure whether or not she ever fell back asleep but at 4:30am she was ready to get up. And she was going to be really vocal about it.
Mind you, my sister in law and fam didn't get in until after 12am last night and I didn't get to bed until about 1. She finally quiets down and sits in her crib for the next half hour but who's sleeping? Really.
By 5am she wants out of the crib so she is on our bed (which I've said before, she never sleeps in) roaming around, crawling all over me...then she goes down to floor to mess around where she ends up bumping her nose on something and then crying...very loudly.
I've had enough so I pick her up and throw her in the car as my intention was to take her to my mom's house (where no one is at the moment) and just let her do whatever, be as loud as she wants and I would try to snooze a little too.
On our way up the hill to my mom's the sun is starting to come up and it's cast a pretty pink glow over the mountains. D knows that I am pissed...but from behind me I hear:
"Oh, look at how beautiful the mountains are mama. Do you see? Isn't it beautiful? Is that pink?"
How could I resist not answering her? Of course I agree and point out to her the equally beautiful sliver of the moon that is still lingering in the pink and grey of early morning.
Then silence. As of course, I am still miffed. But, ooh, how that tugged at my heartstrings.

1 comment:

  1. I have those situations too! Grrr...Awwwwww! It changes on dime sometimes.

    ReplyDelete