Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I sure hope you didn't pee in there...

What do you do with the toddler who just loves to do exactly what you tell her not to do? D tried to drink her bath water a couple times a few months ago and both G and I gasped and told her "Nooooo, don't do that!" Of course, she laughed and continued to do it. So, we try to ignore.
Today, though. Today takes the cake. She was literally filling up her entire cup (maybe 2 cup portion) and taking big gulps of water.
What did I do? Nada. I just looked at her and said, "I hope you didn't pee in there."
I mean, I tried to be apathetic but I'm pretty sure she could tell in my eyes that I was really irritated. Gulping her water! Not just once but numerous times! She must've drank half a cup or a cup of water in her tub tonight. How does someone just sit back and watch that?? My heart was pumping out of my ribcage I was so irritated, but I didn't get upset. Just sat there and watched her do it and when I'd had enough, just drained the tub. Did not say one word about drinking the water, whether she should drink it or not. Just said very matter of factly, "That water has soap in it and if you pee'd in it, then pee too so you are drinking all of that...."
That's it. Oh, she was so proud of herself.

1 comment:

  1. Dang, Belinda. How do you stay so calm all the time?? I know for sure...PMS time...watch out family.

    ReplyDelete