Saturday, October 10, 2009

Thank you for sleeping...

D...thank you for sleeping all night the other night. I really appreciate it. Considering the two nights prior you were acting really weird.
First night, she wakes up around 11pm, crying like she was dying. So I go down to comfort her. She snoozes, I put her down, she starts crying. I pick her up and rock her some more...she snoozes, I put her down. She cries. So, I exit the room and let her cry for a bit. 10 minutes later she is having a minor meltdown...so, I make some formula, head back to her room. Feed her, she eats EIGHT oz which is a lot for her at that hour. I rock her, she snoozes, I put her down and again she cries. So, now because I love her so much and can't understand why she is so sad, I am holding her (I am now reminded of her younger days when she only slept on my body...) and proceed to lay down on the floor, on my back with her on my chest as she sleeps peacefully.
Finally, she is totally out and I get to put her in her crib and walk back up to my bed at 2am. Sweet.
The following night, she again wakes up in the middle of the night around 2am and wants to be rocked and cuddled. Zzzzzzz... I cuddle and feed her. All is good. I am hoping she is not developing a habit and Yippee! The third night, she sleeps all the way through the night and has been doing so!
Phew!!

No comments:

Post a Comment