Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Sleep...

I just met up with a mom's group here in East Nashville today. It was surprising to learn that every new mommy frets over the baby's sleep habits. In fact, all three of us moms were lamenting about how our babies hate naps and really don't know how to happily just fall asleep wherever they are at. Heheeh!
These mommy groups are kind of fun!
And now speaking of sleep. Dillon has been waking up in the middle of the night every so often to cry and eat and be cuddled. Am I not feeding enough?? Uggh, I spent all of today trying to stuff her with food. Aaaack! Now I'm starting to fret about bringing more variety into her diet! Aaack! When will she start getting teeth? I feel like she can eat more if she has a tooth or two.
Uuuggggh! Motherhood is not for me. So much responsibility! What has happened to my carefree life from two years ago?? Bebopping around NYC drinking my face off and having a jolly good time? Waaaah...
Now my days are filled with..."How much has she eaten today?" "Has she pooped?" "Oh no, is she getting too much soy in her body since she is on soy formula?" "What more can she eat?" "Do I need to get things for her to climb on and over in her room?"
It's enough to drive a girl to drink! But drink I cannot...b/c what if she wakes up in the middle of the night to be cuddled?? I need my rest to function the next day! Add to that, her spells of no napping. Exhausting, I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment