Tuesday, August 25, 2009

It's the pot calling the kettle black

That would be me I'm referring to...do y'all remember a while back when I was blogging that G always runs to pick D up whenever she cries...and he is spoiling her. Well, I am finding that I seem to always be picking her up and carrying her and holding her. Maybe not so much when she is fussing and crying but just when I feel like it. Tsk! Tsk!
She will be sitting around or in her Jumperoo and I will say, "Ma-Ma bao!" Which means, "Mama pick up?" in Chinese.
I swear it's because I say that every time I pick her up that now, when she is distraught or feeling shy and doesn't want to be held by strangers, she looks over and says, "Ma-Ma..Ma-Ma".
I mean, am I crazy? I think most babies tend to start off saying, "Papa" or "baba" when they start forming words and baby babbling, which she also does...but she does also say "Ma-Ma".
By the way, both Papa and baba mean father...papa in English and baba in Chinese! So unfair...

No comments:

Post a Comment