Monday, August 31, 2009

Battle of wills

The other night, Dillon and I had a battle of the wills. She cried and cried and I ignored. She had woken up at 2am and I fed her. She ate. She had been randomly waking up in the middle of the night for no apparent reason (to eat?...but no, that's not allowed anymore..) and I have been indulging her. But, I finally decided to put a stop to this nonsense so we battled it out at 4:06am. She wailed until 4:46am on the dot and then promptly fell asleep.
And so now we forever after sleep through the night. :o)
Well, not totally. She still tries to pull her antics every so often and I just reach over and turn the volume down and ignore her. Sometimes, you just have to put your foot down. Of course, I firmly believe that they sleep better if they are not waking up in the middle of the night for whatever reason, whether it be to eat or just for some cuddling so the sooner she learns this, the better it is...for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment