Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Activity

Well, it's been a while since I've posted. Mainly because all is going well but I just have days where I just want to E.S.C.A.P.E.
It's funny. This week a mother friend of mine emailed our MOMS group to ask "What's a good, inexpensive gift I can give my husband for Father's Day?" And a few moms replied - "I'm giving my hubby a day off. I will take the kids and get out of his hair so he can just have me time."
Well, I read that and thought, "WHAAA??! That's what I need!" G would not need that because he rarely ever spends alone time with D. In fact, that would've been a wonderful gift for me. Not that he wouldn't ever offer. I think I'm just afraid that if I get too much of that, I might NEVER come back. I might stay away forever. :oD

On a separate note, lately D has been taking some monster naps - around 3 hours. And then we still try to put her down around 7:30 or 8pm. Some days she just sits in there and sings and sings and talks and eventually goes to sleep. But today, she barely sang at all. I don't think she took a three hour nap, but I put her to bed by 8. We shall see if she actually sleeps until 6am. She woke up at 5am today. I mean, even though we have that sleep training clock, I'm still up just waiting for her to call me to take her to potty.
So, I'm thinking I am not being active enough for our little girl. Today, when she woke up from her nap, we took a walk to Bongo Java to have some steamed milk, then walked over to our neighbor's to hang out and walked home. Then walked over to our neighborhood bar with some friends for happy hour. Like I said, when I got her home, we took a quick shower, read a book and then straight to bed.
In contrast, for the two past nights D has been racing around the house like a mad woman after we change into her night clothes and before we sit down for book reading. Do you think that's her way of telling us she needs to burn more energy?? I guess this all goes along with the statement that mothers of three year olds make - that once they reach 3, they can't wait to go to school because they are so bored with you.
I'm really looking forward to getting D into school!! Yeay! ME TIME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment