Thursday, August 18, 2011

Aaannd Daddy saves the day

So, D spent all day yesterday asking for blueberry pie. Random since she's never had it before, but since she requested, I thought I'd oblige. I bought blueberries and told her I would make her blueberry tarts (since I had just bought a new mini tart pan).
This morning I woke up bright and early to make the tarts. I knew I wouldn't have any time later in the day and I wanted her to be able to bring them to school and share with her friends.
She woke up during the process and wanted to help. I let her help until I was cutting the dough with a cookie cutter because obviously she wouldn't have the dexterity to pull it off. And because she didn't have a suitable task, she got bored and would poke and prod the crust dough that I had already placed in the tiny tart holders. Aaargh! She was driving me mad.
I finally told her to get off her step stool and do something else! That made her cry and Daddy came running to the rescue.
He asked me for some leftover dough, grabbed her her own board and told her she could play with the play dough. Ahhh...peace. Thanks, Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment