Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Oh happy days

You know what warms my heart? It's looking into the rearview mirror and seeing D happily eating her snacks out of one container and then picking up her water bottle with her other hand and having a drink now and then - All by herself. I love this autonomy. I do. It's awesome.
On the other hand, as I am watching D develop into a little human being...I fear what kind of personality she will ultimately have. More so, I fear how our relationship is going to pan out because I already see that when her father speaks sternly to her, her lips start to tremble and she starts bawling. But when I speak sternly to her, she laughs outright. WHHAATT?? What's going on here? Yes, she laughs and just continues to do what I've just told her not to do. I throw my hands up in the air. What to do with this child...I don't know. We shall see...we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment